Monday, July 5, 2010

Dreaming

Life has been sobering over the past few years.

Firstly, I found that my wings were not as powerful as I had thought, and now as things settle down I find that fine tendrils of ribbon are keeping me from soaring freely. 

This challenge has changed everything about my life, and that has taken some getting used to.

Most of all I have had to alter my dreams.  And I've discovered that it's not a bad thing. 

When I was first hit with this pain and weakness, my future plans came crashing down around me and I felt completely terrified and alone.  

I had previously had a very active dreaming existence, where I planned to move here, holiday there, do volunteer work elsewhere.  I was competitive and wanted to do everything (and do it well).  My dreams roved, unleashed and chaotic.

It has taken time and a different kind of strength to realise that this physical setback has helped me to focus on what is really important to me. 

Now, I have limits.

Now,  I am much happier than I have ever been.

3 comments:

  1. And you are more beautiful than you have ever been. You are an inspiration chick. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay :-) You will be even happier this weekend because I am home!!! And I have Godiva!!!! :-) (Just for you and me though, don't tell the parentals, for reasons of which you are already aware).

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing read & reminds me to try and keep some perspective on life & whats really important, especially when the challenges come. Living in the present is something I'd like to be better at. This latest entry of yours is a powerful inspiration to do so xx

    ReplyDelete